Thursday, August 30, 2007

Foster Families

Foster kids: They've had a rough go. They have either been abused or they have a family they can't depend on. Already my heart goes out to them. So young and so broken already. Foster homes are supposed to be a safe place where they can get love, support and where they can heal. Unfortunately some people make things worse. So I work with foster kids. The other day we got a new kid. His profile looked great. No problems with lying, no problems with swearing or stealing, so why did the foster home want to get rid of him? Cause he wet the bed! So what? Kids wet the bed, and just because you can get rid of him, you will? That's the way you treat an animal that pees all over the place, not a sweet little boy! If you want to take on the roll of a foster parent, you can't expect the perfect child. In fact, if bed wetting is the only problem, you do have a near perfect child. So if that isn't enough to give me such indignance, I just heard on the news that this guy who had foster girls in his home sexually abused them and exposed them to alcohol. These girls have already had a hard life and this jerk had to give them more trauma??? Makes me so freaking pissed off, I just want to to take care of all of the children in foster care myself. I know that even one I took in could be saved from a potentially bad environment. We really need to watch who we let become foster parents. More decent people need to do it, so the government can be more selective. I pray for all these children. It makes me so freaking mad!!!

11:08 PM - 3 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: